- The safety of children is of the upmost importance in our club. Each event will have a principal volunteer/mentor who has a current valid DBS check in place. There will also be other parents supervising their own children and volunteers in attendance at the club.
- We meet at 10am and expect people to arrive between 10am and 10:15am.
- Each child in the 7-10 age-group must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them during the session; this adult must stay for the entire session.
- Children will only be allowed to leave unattended if we have explicit confirmation that they are permitted to do so.
- We expect the remaining children to be collected by their parent/guardian promptly at the end of the session (between 11-45am and 12pm)
- Those wishing to attend either the first hour or last hour of the session can arrive or leave between 10:45 and 11am (by prior arrangement). We prefer to not have ad-hoc arrivals or departures for safeguarding practicalities.
- All members agree to treat the venue, equipment and each other with respect. Any failure to adhere to this, including, but not be limited to, bad behaviour, racial, sexual, verbal, physical abuse or bullying of a fellow child or volunteer could result in the immediate expulsion from the club at the absolute discretion of the organiser.
- Deliberately accessing, or displaying, inappropriate content during the club session will be treated as a serious offence and may result in immediate expulsion.
- For minor misdemeanours; we operate a ‘strike’ system where 3 strikes will result in the temporary or permanent expulsion from the club, again at the absolute discretion of the organiser.
- HeXKcd is a not-for profit organisation. Organisers and mentors give their time for free. Session fees – if applicable – are used to cover venue costs. Organisers will use any surplus funds as a contingency, for shared equipment, or snacks for all.
- Session subscription fees are payable on entry at the start of each session. These are non-refundable irrespective of the duration of attendance in the session.
- We encourage safe browsing and strongly recommend that all devices connecting to the network have up-to-date antivirus and malware protection.
- Mentors and volunteers offer their services for free, and in good faith. Neither the HeXKcD volunteers nor the hosting venue bear any responsibly or liability whatsoever or howsoever arising, for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from any advice or instruction, or lack of advice or instruction, offered by any HeXKcD volunteer.
These rules were last updated on 18/01/2017
To contact us by post please use: HeXKcD, c/o Hexham Abbey, Beaumont Street, Hexham, NE46 3NB